The Motešický Palace is located in the center of the Old Town of Bratislava, in close proximity to the SND and Hviezdoslav Square. It is situated in between the streets Gorkého and Laurinská. The history of the original building dates back to the Middle Ages, more precisely to 1590, when there stood a tavern U divého muža (At the Wild Man’s). For centuries, it was one of the most luxurious inns in Pressburg, which accommodated rich noblemen during coronation ceremonies or session of the Hungarian Parliament. In 1840, the inn was bought by the Motešický family who rebuild it into a palace we see today. The palace served as a place for discreet meeting of the highest nobility of that period. There was a casino for moguls and a men’s equestrian club. During the socialist era, the building served as an apartment building. The building is now a protected historical sight.
In the years 2008 – 2010, the building underwent a complex renovation and an extension was added. Since then, the palace is being used as an apartment building.
The building has seven floors and two underground floors. It consists of two parts: the original Motešický Palace (to the fourth above-ground storey) and the extension added in 2010 (from the fifth to the seventh above-ground storey). On the two underground floors there are technical rooms and warehouses, on the four underground floors there are underground garages. On the ground floor there are commercial rentable units and restaurants, on the other six floors there are luxury apartments. Apartments on the sixth floor were built as maisonettes.
Extent of Services
As the manager of the building we mainly provide the following:
Complex facility management:
- coordination and management of all supporting activities,
- financial management and budgeting,
- cost optimization and systematic search for cost savings,
- facility management,
- management and billing of services, elaboration of documents for invoicing of energy and services consumption,
- searching for individual service providers with the participation of owners,
- fire safety management,
- 24-hour central control room,
- communication with owners,
- complaints handling.
Operation and inspection of technical equipment of buildings:
- routine inspections,
- inspection and operation of the technical equipment according to the rules laid down by the manufacturer or legislation,
- emergency operation in case of failures, addressing critical state of equipment.
Repair and maintenance of buildings and technical equipment:
- plan of maintenance and inspections of technical equipment,
- operation and servicing of the following:
- technical equipment (HVAC),
- power distribution,
- heat distribution,
- water distribution and sewerage,
- common indoor spaces lighting,
- outdoor lighting,
- EPS fire alarm,
- oil separator,
- sectional gates,
- SKV access system.
- inspection and maintenance of the structural elements of the building and repairs
- inspection and maintenance of the exterior elements of the building and repairs
- operation and maintenance of traffic signs in the building and adjacent plots.
- removal and disposal of municipal waste,
- cleaning of indoor and outdoor common areas and garages using own equipment,
- pest control, disinfestation of the building,
- care for outdoor green areas,
- summer outdoor and indoor maintenance,
- winter standby and maintenance, removal of snow and ice.
Protection of the building and the front desk:
- monitoring and entry control system,
- 24-hour monitoring of common indoor and outdoor areas by a professional security service,
- key management,
- operation of a modern electronic fire alarm,
- front-desk services and telephone services.
- comprehensive energy supply management (electrical, thermal),
- drinking water supplies,
- services of power-supply manager,
- energy consulting.